Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ROTD: Day 2

All,

It must be that Spring break starts at noon on Friday, the weather's nice outside, and I'm looking forward to going to the park tomorrow with my girlfriend, because today felt amazing.  Even after sitting through a boring math class and a long Geology lab, I was still in a good mood.  There's something to be said about one's mood during the first days of spring.  Anyway...everything was hunky dory until I got back to my dorm and started browsing the interwebz.  There I happened upon this story, and my good mood was ruined.

Obviously, this article does not tell the whole story, or provide ample context from which one could extrapolate a motive.  That being said, it seems to be a cut and dry case of senseless violence.  Not only was the attack senseless, but it was made against a person who did not stand a chance of defending himself.  There is the stench of cowardice to it.  I just cannot fathom why someone would attack a man in a wheelchair unprovoked.  I am incensed and insulted that people, regardless of race, class, ethnicity, etc can still commit such heinous acts.  That's all there really is to today's ROTD.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment